Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Monkey Trio


Happy Wednesday!

I have another card today using Heartfelt Creations' Monkeying Around Collection!

This time I'm using the Hide 'n Seek monkey image from the Relaxin' Monkeys Set.




I colored the image with pencils and mineral spirits and used Peebles chalk to shade the background and the monkey's "cheeks". The mat over the image and sentiment tag are cut from the matching Monkeying Around Paper Collection.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the fun creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #274-275 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Monkey Trio

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPD 3780 - Relaxin Monkeys Cling Set
HCD1 745 - Luggage & Tags Die
HCDP 276 - Monkeying Around Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, White (Recollections); Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Green Tea (Quick Quotes); Accessories: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, button, Tobacco Seam Binding, Brown Burlap String, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, Pebbles Chalks - blue, green, pink, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Sepia, Espresso, Black, Putty Beige, Olive Green

Instructions: Card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Cut white cardstock 5 1/2" x 11", score at 5 1/2" and fold to make card base. Cut 6" x 6" card panel from designer paper, trim down to 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" as shown, die cut center circle using Standard Circles Large Die, ink edges with Green Tea Ink and set aside.

Stamp monkey image on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils using mineral spirits. Using Pebbles Chalks color monkey "cheeks" with pink and fill in white space around image using blue and green chalks. Trim image down so it fits behind card panel mat and adhere together.

Wrap Tobacco Seam Binding around mat/image as pictured and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Make a 3-loop bow using Bow-Easy Tool and add as pictured using glue dots. Thread button with Brown Burlap String and add to bow center with glue dots. Die cut sentiment tag from designer paper using matching die from Luggage and Tags Die Set. Ink edges with Green Tea Ink, shape with pencil to curl and add as pictured.

6 comments:

  1. Your project is so cute. Love your coloring and of course the composition of the card as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, such a cute card...love the button on the bow. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, Kathy. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents with us.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful card and your bow is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!