Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pink Sun Kissed Eyelet Oval


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration!

This week I am using an older set, Sun Kissed Fleur Cling and matching Sun Kissed Fleur Die and leaves from the Burst of Splendor Collection.



Here is a little close up of the flowers for you.



The technique I used on the flowers is explained here on this blog post if you want to learn more about it. It is a very easy coloring technique and it comes out pretty.

The flowers are arranged around the Eyelet Oval Die, love this beautiful die!

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations blog to see all the beautiful projects by the designers this week! There is also a sneak peek of the next collection being released in June along with a new video from Emma Lou!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #232-233 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Pink Sun Kissed Eyelet Oval

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3533 - Sun Kissed Fleur Cling
HCPC 3545 - Open Leaf Cling
HCD1-776 - Eyelet Oval Die
HCD1-734 - Sun Kissed Fleur Die
HCD1-736 - Classic Leaf Die
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
359848 - Spellbinders Tool N' One
Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel

Other products: Papers: Neenah Natural White, Textured White Plum (The Paper Studio); Inks: VersaMark, Perfect Plumeria, Tea Leaves (VersaMagic); Accessories: Ditsy Dots Embossing Folder (Tattered Lace), distressing tool, button, fibers, Bow-Easy Tool, embossing buddy, heat tool, make-up applicators, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/2" x 6". Cut Natural White cardstock 9" x 6", score at 4 1/2" and fold to make card base. Cut Textured White Plum cardstock 4 5/8" x 5 13/16", emboss with folder, distress edges and glue to card base.

Using Eyelet Oval Die, cut scalloped edge and eyelet center with Natural White cardstock and solid center with Textured White Plum cardstock. Glue eyelet center and solid center together, add to scalloped edge with Scotch Mounting Tape and add all to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp flowers and leaves on Natural White cardstock with VersaMark and heat emboss from underneath with Aged Ivory Embossing Powder. Color flowers with Perfect Plumeria Ink and leaves with Tea Leaves Ink using make-up applicators. Sprite back of flowers and leaves and shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and fingers. (Refer to this tutorial for instructions on stamping, coloring and shaping flowers and leaves with this techniques.) Once dry, arrange flowers and leaves as pictured clipping leaves apart as needed to fit around flowers and glue down with Art Institute Glue. Add Minnie Pearl Prills to flower centers using Art Institute Glue.

Make a multi-loop fiber bow using Bow-Easy Tool and add as pictured using glue dots. Add heart button to bow center with glue dots.

12 comments:

  1. As always admiring your work...love the embossing you do. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how absolutely lovely! These flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your signature flower embossing is so beautiful and I'm mesmerized every time you create a flower this way! Another beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it ,and Sunkissed is one of my favs of all time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing and pearl clusters in the flowers really add to the lovely colors. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. I, too always admire your beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pink and green together and this card really caught my eye. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so elegant, lovely, beautiful! I'm amazed. Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a soft palette, beautiful colouring

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers on this card are stunning! TFS at WAW this week - I wish you the best in winning a prize! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Kathy. I love that die-cut background - I've never seen that one before. It's beautiful, and your color choices are amazing as well. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us, and please stop by again soon.
    God bless you my friend,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flowers, thank you for sharing the how to post for them. :) This whole card is so soft n pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!