Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, August 22, 2014

Ornate Poinsettia - CottageCutz


Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to say that today is my last project for The Scrapping Cottage as I have decided to step down from the design team.  I have been working part time (paid work!) from home doing administrative work the past few months and need to reduce my DT commitments for now.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with these beautiful CottageCutz Dies and these awesome ladies the past couple of years!

For my last project, I have a  Christmas card using the Ornate Poinsettia CottageCutz Die from The Scrapping Cottage.




This is a fairly simple card to put together!  I used a red card base with a white mat that I partially embossed and added a little sentiment and some ribbon.  I cut the Ornate Poinsettia with the red and green card stock, trimmed the flowers from the red and glued them on top of the green.  I then just added some Buttercup Liquid Pearls, snowflake button and a bow with a button on top.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration for Christmas cards this year!

This is the die I used:





Card Recipe:

Stamp: Short & Sweet (SU)
Paper: White (Recollections), Cherry Cobbler (SU), Rain Forest (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Snowflakes #8 Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Bow-Easy Tool, ribbon, button, floss (Michaels), Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #146 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


5 comments:

  1. Love the card! Gorgeous!! JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kathy, beautiful last project you have created, love those poinsettia flowers and layout..
    hugs pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Kathy, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Kathy. And there you go with those amazing bows of yours again. I even bought the bow maker and still can't figure out how you do it. I'm always in awe of your work. Thank you SO VERY MUCH for sharing your talents in our challenges, Kathy. You won't ever really know what it means to me . I am SO grateful for you.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Stunning Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!