Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It's a Shower - Heartfelt Creations

Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a card for you using the Sweet Lullaby Collection.




I thought this would be pretty for a bridal shower or even for a baby shower.  I love lots of white with a touch of yellow!  I used all white card stock for this and color the flower and leaves with chalk inks.  Very simple card to put together!

Here's a little close up of the pretty umbrella!





Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the beautiful projects this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #133 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


It's a Shower

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3603 - Sweet Dreams PreCut Set
HCD 746 - Sweet Lullaby Die
HCD 740 - Sweet Juliet Die
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
SMP001 - Stamp Mat Pad
Spring Bling Prills

Other Products:

Paper: White (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Aloe Vera, Thatched Straw (VersaMagic)
Accessories: trim (Jo-Anns), adhesive pearls, White Seam Binding, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (SU), scor-tape, glue dots.

Instructions: Card base with white card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square. Emboss the lower 1 1/4" of the card with embossing folder. Stamp sentiment just above embossing area with black ink.  Add trim as shown with scor-tape. Die cut carriage with white card stock and trim off piece to use as an umbrella. Die cut umbrella handle, one small flower, one large flower (Sweet Lullaby Die), and one leaf stem (Sweet Juliet Die) all with white card stock. Glue umbrella outside edges only to card as pictured so that it pops up. See video here for tips on cutting and adding the die cut as an umbrella. Shade flowers with Thatched Straw and leaves with Aloe Vera Inks using makeup sponges. Shape flowers with mat and tool kit and add all to umbrella as pictured. Add Lettuce Entertain You Mini Prills to flower centers using Art Institute Glue Dries Clear. Add umbrella handle using pop dots. Make 3 loop bow with Bow-Easy Tool and add to card with glue dots. Add adhesive pearls to bow center and top right side of card.

11 comments:

  1. wow, this is stunning. Love the flowers on the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the soft look and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually said the word WOW out loud when I saw this! I love it! So elegant. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Kathy, love your card, this is one of the nicest card I have seen made from this collection.
    pretty colours, Beautiful die cut with a lovely layout.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen, this shower card is absolutely stunning!! I love what you did with the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card with delicate details,

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is precious and I adore the soft tones. Another perfectly lovely card that I'm SO grateful to have you share with us. I hope things are going well with you.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embossed swiss dots and the wonderful color palette...absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!