Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweet Flourish

Happy Sunday everyone!

I have a new card for you today using one of the new CottageCutz dies, Sweet Flourish,  from the Sweet Love Release!





There are lots of dies in this new collection that I love, but I really like using this Sweet Flourish all by itself for a clean and simple look!  I cut the die cut and made the card base using Early Espresso Cardstock.  The mat is Cherish Designer Paper by Authentique that I cut so the flowered sentiment would be in the top right corner.  I then stamped a sentiment (Well Scripted by Stampin Up) on on the bottom right using Dark Chocolate Ink by Palette.   I added a small piece of Early Espresso to go across the card under the piece of lace trim, then the Sweet Flourish piece.  Petal Pink Liquid Pearls were added to the hearts on the Sweet Flourish, then a bow and pearl brad to finish.

Here's a close up of the Sweet Flourish for you!




Card recipe:

CottageCutz Die: Sweet Flourish
Stamp: Well Scripted (SU)
Paper: Early Espresso (SU), Cherish (Authentique)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (Palette)
Accessories: Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Rose Petal Seam Binding, lace sample (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, pearl brad (Recollections)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #114 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #86 - Pink & Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is a stunning card. I love the row of crochet lace and that beautiful pink bow. Thanks for playing along in the RRR January Challenge: Pink and Ribbon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage feel, lovely color combo's and the lace with the flourish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was scrolling down the array of entries yours caught my eye and I had to stop and tell you how gorgeous this is. I love the swirl so much. It really adds elegance to an already beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and soft....thank you for joining us at RRR! Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Kathy. You bless me with your art so much. Thank you for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!