Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, March 2, 2013

CottageCutz Birdie in Blossoms

Hi there!

Today I have a new card to show you using CottageCutz Dies.






For my card, I used the bird from the Bluebird Die, the flowers and branch from the Blossom Branch Die, and the frame from the Oval Doily & Frame Die.

I used a piece of designer paper (Secret Garden - Graphic 45) with a pretty bird and flower image and enhanced it with the dies matching the colors. The bird from the Bluebird Die, was cut with white paper and colored with Aegean Blue Chalk Ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The beak and feet were inked with Red Brick Chalk Ink. The Blossom Branch was cut with peach cardstock for the flowers and green for the branch. The flowers were shaped with a mat and tool kit, inked with Red BrickChalk Ink, and dotted with Buttercup Liquid Pearls in the center. The branch was cut to piece around the lower corner of the image. The frame from the Oval Doily & Frame was cut with Natural White Cardstock.

I added a bow made with Natural Jute String from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the Bow-Maker. I didn't add a sentiment to this, but a small, short sentiment would be cute on the bottom right or as a tag hanging from the bow.

Here are pictures of the dies I used on this.


 

 



CottageCutz has a new release for Februrary called "This 'N That" that has lots of fun dies including envelopes, bags, tags and tabs.  You can see them all here at their store!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #69 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. This is so soft and sweet. It just has a delicate feel to it that's really adorable. Thanks for sharing this, Kathy. I always LOVE seeing your cards shared.
    I hope all is well with you and that you've been happy, healthy and blessed! Keep in touch.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like a comment above me reads: "This is soft and sweet" I thought the same exact thing when i saw your card...really like the image, very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, it just speaks spring. Lovely die cuts and layout for your card. The natural twine adds the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at WAW this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!