Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, February 18, 2013

One Sheet Wonder 6x6

Happy Monday everyone!

Today I have a project that I have been working on for quite a while.  I have a lot of 6x6 designer paper pads that have small, pretty prints, so I decided to make a OSW I could use with them.  This is what I came up with.  The layout makes 6 matching cards.  Here are the cards all together.  (Sorry the photo is a little blurry.)



Click on the photo for a better view

I also made a matching box to put them in for gift giving.











This is the paper I used along with the cutting layout I created for it.



Paper from Blush by My Mind's Eye


Click on photo for a better view

Here are some more photos, the box opened with the cards inside.






Here are the individual cards.  You can click on the photos for a better view.



Card #1


Card #2


Card #3


Card #4


Card #5


Card #6

These are the supplies that I used for this:

Stamps ( All from Heartfelt Creations):
Bold Vintage Floret (flowers)
Mini Vintage Floret (flowers & leaf flower)
Classic Message (sentiments)
Bella Rose Leaves (leaves on box)
Twining Roses ( rose swirl on card #6)
Brookside Manor (bird on card #5)

Dies (from Heartfelt Creations): Bella Rose, Vintage Floret

Paper: Blush Designer Paper (My Mind's Eye), Sage Shadow, Rose Red, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Sage Shadow (SU), Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Accessories: Rose Petal Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Very Vanilla Seam Binding (RAK from Jill - SU), mauve ribbon, sponge, adhesive pearls, lace, fibers, Ornate embossing folder (Sizzix), Bow-Easy, McGill Tool Kit & Molding Mat, Prismacolor Pencils: Henna, Jade Green, Kelly Green, Magenta, Raspberry

The box instructions are from Split Coast Stampers' A-2 Box Tutorial.


I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #67 - Love/Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #66 - Spring Colors & Ribbon
Crafty Card Makers Challenge #85 - Blooming Images
Paper Playtime #4 - Use a sentiment
Addicted to Stamps - Bingo - Paper Piece/ Pearls/Love
No Matter What - #6 - Ribbons & Bows
All Sorts - #194 - Things with Wings

I hope you like my project!  I would love to hear what you think!

Blessings!

Kathy

32 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is an awesome project and the cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you have gone over the edge with this one! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are amazing, Kathy! I LOVE them. They are just so elegant and pretty. Great work! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing! Love the attention to detail in each individual card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've never tried to do a OSW. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful!! Love each one of your cards. The box you made for them is wonderful. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome - simply awesome! Thanks for showing us how you did that with one sheet of paper. I'm definitely going to try that now. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great project. The cards are very pretty and the box is awesome. Love the colours and the design

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful collection of cards Cathy and I'm so pleased I don't have to choose a favourite.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing with us and joining in our challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the elegant delicate colours, well done with your projects, beautiful results. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted To Stamps and More. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, a stunning set of cards and a gorgeous box. thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic selection of cards, the box you made is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this time at CCM.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful gift this would make! Each card is so elegant. Fabulous project, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy ... all your cards are so beautiful and so is the gift box. It's amazing how you came up with all these designs with using one 6"x6" DP for the main focal point. Great job and thanks for sharing with us!! And thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathy
    Thank you for doing another beautiful OSW - I have been waiting for this for months. Absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing! I love your gift set. It's very pretty and I can't believe how much you have gotten out from that dp. :) Thanks for playing with my Blooming challenge over at Crafty Card Makers this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning project. Love the box. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card set and gift box! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful collection of cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab cards ...I love all the gorgeous embellishment.

    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational this week!

    Hugs , Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how each card is different from the others, yet is based on the same floral print. What a terrific gift idea! Thanks for sharing your creative projects with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous Kathy! Love how you have designed all of these cards. So creative. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a fabulous week!! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowzers!!! These cards are so beautiful!! I will have to try OSW! I have many 6x6 and 8x8 paper packs to use up too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What about the dimensions of the rest of the paper? I'd like to recreate this with my own papers, but I'm not sure what the other dimensions are. These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! Glad you like these! In general, for the OSW pieces, l cut my mats 3/16" larger than the pieces I'm matting. For the background mats, I cut them in 3/16" increments smaller than the base/mat. The card bases are all 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", so for the first mat it would be 4 1/16" x 5 5/16", if there is a second mat it would be 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". Hope that helps! Have fun making them! Blessings! Kathy

      Delete
  26. Hi Kathy, I have just found you and your beautiful cards on Pinterest. I am so impressed with each and every card. You are one very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kathy your card with embossed bkgrd, caught my eye on Pinterest. Simple/beautiful. When I got to your blog I saw the rest of the beauty. Looking for something simple to make.Most of my stamps, papers, etc are still in storage. Thanks much for your time. Will use as sketches to see if I still have the knack. God bless you, your family, & your talent. May be just what I needed to get back to my creative side for healing. Hugs, Prayers, Loves.����☝

    ReplyDelete
  28. As a card maker these designs are fantastic thank you for sharing them with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Don't know if you're still using this blog page, but, I wanted to say Thank you! You made these projects so much easier to make! Again, Thank YOU! and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So creative and beautiful, thank you for sharing your OSW, and your gorgeous cards! I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!