Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Heartfelt Creations Inspiration Wednesday Times Two!

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  This week I have two creations to show you, one using the Vintage Floret Collection and the other with the Delicate Asters Collection.

This card is made using this month's Vintage Floret Collection.




I love the soft colors of the designer paper and decided to coordinate everything around it and have the card base made out of the designer paper.  The die I used is Spellbinder's Labels 23 Grand, which I purchase just so I could use it as a card base like this.  It's such a pretty shape for a card and I like the way it looks with the Floral Oval Die.  For a closer look, just click on the picture.  Complete details on this are at the bottom of my post.

The second card I made with the Delicate Asters Collection. 





I love this flower and vase image and how it fits perfectly in the Romantic Rectangles Die.  (Can you tell I like using dies, LOL?)  These flowers are so easy to color and die cut and always seem to come out so pretty without doing much to them!

I hope I've given you some inspiration to enjoy!  I really love "working" with the HC stamps, dies, and designer papers, and I pray I can continue as a designer for them.  I'm on pins and needles to find out if I made it through with the voting results!

If you would like more inspiration, please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the gorgeous creations made by the design team this week!

Blessings!

Kathy


Your Special Day

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3501 – Bold Vintage Floret PreCut Set
HCPC 3502 – Mini Vintage Floret PreCut Set
HCPC 3504 – Bold Vintage Floret Background PreCut Set
HCPC 3480 – Brookside Manor PreCut Set
HCPC 3481 – Add-on Sentiments PreCut Set
HCD 727 – Vintage Floret Die
HCD 723 – Garden Romance Die
ID: 123910 – Holiday Tags
HCDP1-227 – Vintage Floret Paper Collection
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
SF03602 - Prismacolor Pencil Set 120 pc.

Other Products Used:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Victoria Velvet Distress Ink (Ranger), Onyx Black (VersaFine)

Accessories: White Pearl Cotton (DMC), Rose Petal Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Floral Ovals, Labels 23 Grand (Spellbinders), adhesive pearls (Recollections), sponge, Petal Pink Liquid Pearls, mineral spirits, Bow-Easy, pop dots, Prismacolor Pencil colors used: Jade Green, Muted Turquoise
Instructions:

Card base: Cut 9” x 5 ¾” piece from designer paper, score at 4 ½”, and fold.  Place on Labels 23 Grand die so fold is slightly above the top part of the die, and cut to make card.  Ink edges with Victorian Velvet.
Image: Stamp image (Bold Vintage Floret Background) with Victorian Velvet on Solar White cardstock.  Cut image with Floral Oval Die and ink edges with Victorian Velvet.  Add to card base with pop dots.
Embellishments: On Solar White with Victorian Velvet, stamp one each of the first 4 smallest bold flowers and cut with match dies.  Ink edges and shape as desired.  Add to image as shown.  With Onyx Black on Solar White, stamp butterfly (Brookside Manor), color, and cut with matching die.  Shape as desired, add pearls, and add to image with tag between the 2 bows.  Add adhesive pearls and liquid pearls as shown.

 ******
Especially For You
Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Rain Forest (Bazzills), Cream (Recollections), gold pattern paper (stash)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Amaretto (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Antique Copper Microbeads (Recollections), green ribbon (Michaels), Romantic Rectangles Die (Spellbinders), Bow-Easy, Prismacolor Pencils used: Kelp Green, Sand, Jasmine, Goldenrod, Yellow Ochre, Chocolate, Ginger Root, Sandbar Brown, Peachy Beige, Light Umber, Dark Umber
Instructions:
Card base: Cut Rain Forest paper 10” x 6 1/2", score at 5”, and fold.  For mat, cut cream cardstock 4 7/8” x 6 3/8”, cut gold pattern paper 4 11/16” x 6 3/16”, ink edges on both with Amaretto, glue together and adhere to card base.  Stamp sentiment on right side as shown with Onyx Black.
Image: Stamp image on Solar White with Onyx Black ink.  Color with pencils as desired and die cut with Romantic Rectangles.  Add microbeads to flower centers.  Add to card base with pop dots.
Embellishments: On Solar White with Onyx Black ink, stamp 2 each of the 2 smallest size flowers.  Color to match image and cut with matching dies.  Shape with mat and tool kit, adhere together, and add microbeads to center.  Make bow with Bow-Easy and green ribbon.  Add bow and flower to card as shown.

 


 

6 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! Kathy, these projects are so gorgeous!! Such stunning details and colors!! LOVE them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful! I really like the shape of the first one. My hubby bought me a Grand Caliber for my Anniversary present, but so far, haven't used it much. I need to get some more dies for it...to use for shaped cards. I really like the colors used in your second card. Those Asters are on my wish list...Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards Kathy!! They are beautiful!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful. I especially love the colors you used in the second card and your ribbon treatment is gorgous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are gorgeous. Love the flowers on each one, and all the details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous cards, Kathy. I'm so glad I happened to stop by so I got to see them. Hope you're having a blessed week!
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!