Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Things With Wings - Elphine House Australia

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time the challenge is to include anything with wings on your creation!  There's lots of Elisabeth Bell images with wings, so that shouldn't be difficult to do!

All you need to do is create a card or project using any Elisabeth Bell stamp from any company and make sure there's wings!  The winner will be chosen randomly and will recieve 2 stamps from EHA.  You have a whole month to enter the challenge, as we are doing a monthly challenge for the summer.  Here is my take on the challenge...




This is Carrie Swan Princess, isn't she so sweet!  I love this Botanical paper, and decided to color the image to match it...the best I could anyway.  After I was done, I was wishing I had used the Natural White paper for the image instead of the Solar White, but oh well!

All ingredients used:

Stamps: Carrie Swen Princess (Elphine House Australia)
Paper: Botanical (Prima), Solar White (Neenah), copper color paper (DCWV Stack), Paol Verde (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Wheat (VersaMagic), Amaretto (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Diamond Stickles (Ranger), sponge, green Hem Tape (Wrights), Classic Ovals Large, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Floral Ovals (Spellbinders), Medium Branch Punch (Martha Stewart), Cream Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap), adhesive pearls flourish (Recollections), flower (RAK from Sabrina), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils

Hope to see you join in the challenge this month!  The next challenge will be on August 15th!

Blessings!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. This is a stunningly beautiful card! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!! Love the stamp and the way you colored it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!