Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge - New Life

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

It's time for a new ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! 

 
This week's challenge:
Since spring is now here and signs of new life are happening all around us we want to see creations symbolizing new life…this can be Easter, new baby, budding trees, flowers…..etc.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, April 13th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.


While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, April 13 at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC103. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge...


Here's the inside...very simple...




This is my interpretation of "New Life",  a new creation in Christ!  I can't think of a better verse than this one to represent new life!  I am in Christ and I'm a new creation, and thankfully the "old" has gone!

This beautiful verse is from ODBD's Scripture Series 2 Stamp Set.  I decided on white and yellow, which I love this time of the year.

I'm also entering this in a new challenge for me, Word Art Wednesday. You can use a verse or quote that they post on their blog for you on Wednesdays, or use one of your own.

For the ingredients I used:

Stamps: Scripture Series 2
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), "yellow" (DCWV Cardstock), Meadow Lark Collection (Prima)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Banana Bliss (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Labels 8, Large Labels Nestibilities (Spellbinders), sponge, adhesive pearls (Want2Scrap), Branches s/Leaves & Flowers Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Ribbon (my stash), silk flower (wedding spray - Michaels), stamems (Michaels), stick pin, crystals, and beads (Michaels & Pretties Kit - SU)

For more inspiration, please visit the other Design Team Members blogs for their gorgeous creations for the challenge:




That's it for now, I hope to see you join in on the challenge this week!

Have a wonderful, blessed Easter!

Blessings!

Kathy

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Kathy!! A real piece if Sunshine with your cheery yellow and white and your elegant design!! Gorgeous inside and out. Have a blessed Easter my friend.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It really does represent the theme "New Life" Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stunning! Soft and sweet - a kiss of sunshine and love. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. We're blessed to have you with us this week, and hope you'll come back often. Have a wonderful Easter!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Kathy, my friend, this is absolutely breathtaking!!! I LOVE, love, love the elegance and amazing details! Have a blessed Easter weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL, Kathy, love all those stacked Nesties, and such beautiful DSP, I LOVE your colour theme, beautiful ribbon, flower, and pearls!! Happy Resurrection Day hun, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just gorgeous! I love the gentle yellow and how the pearl flourishes accent your image! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday! Praise God for the new life he gives us in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!! I'm right there with you sister! That scripture is the perfect one for this challenge! Beautiful card accenting the scripture. . .love the layers, the colors and the textures!! (and that we chose the same scripture!! :D) Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday worshiping our risen and reigning Savior, in whom we have new life, and life everlasting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just gorgeous, kathy!! love the yellow and white combo... so perfect for the new life challenge! happy Resurrection day!! hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new creation! Amen! I LOVE the gorgeous yellow here, Kathy. Stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! wow! wow!!!!!! you've definitely got my vote! this card is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! :) i've also become a follower of your blog -- just looking at your cards is inspirational! :)

    have a blessed easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, your card is awesome! Love the color and that ribbon is gorgeous! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy!!
    Your card radiates the glory and joy of the Lord!! Thank you so very much for sharing!!!be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy!!
    The Lord just showed me the glitch in my comment above---I needed to change the 'comment as:" choice to the Beyond Measure url. Praise the Lord for speaking to and teaching us:) Your card is so very lovely and shines His love so brightly!!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card! Love the yellow ribbon too! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!