Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Elusive Poinsettia Ornament

Hi there!

I have one more ornament to show you. I actually made most of this a few weeks ago, but couldn't decide how I wanted to finish it. Here's what I came up with!


I love how this one came out. Here is a close up of it.


This is a Holly Berry House stamp called "Elusive Poinsettia" that I bought a couple of years ago. Here's a link to their website if you would like. Their stamps are gorgeous and very well made! The technique on these is to stamp/emboss the image a number of times and cut away the layers for each progressively smaller. I have 4 layers on this one, but you could do more or less than that. I used a different paper on each layer. I added some diamond stickles in places to highlight some of the areas.

On the back of the ornament, you can do the same thing, but I opted to do just one layer embossed with a copper powder on black paper. Here's a picture of the back.


For ingredients used:

Stamp: Elusive Poinsettia (Holly Berry House)
Paper: Heritage Scrapbooking Paper Pack (Pizazz), black (SU)
Ink: Black (VersaFine), Versamark
Accessories: Embossing powder: black (Creative Beginnings), Classy Copper (SU), diamond stickles, buttons, ribbon, decorative brad (My Mind's Eye), rhinestone flower.

Thanks for looking! Have a blessed weekend!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. These ornaments are absolutely beautiful. It gives me some ideas to try. Thanks for the inspiration. Thank you as well for following my blog and adding my button. Your work is beautiful. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!