Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, June 10, 2011

Center Step Greeting Chimes

Hi there!

I wanted to try out a new technique I found on SCS called "Center Step Card". I decided to use the "Greeting Chimes" stamp again because of the shape of the image. In case you missed my other post, this is a new stamp from Elphine House Australia by Elisabeth Bell. (This is available at their website now along with a few other cuties, just click the purple link on my sidebar!) This image is SO cute!

Here is the card from the left side.



Here's a view from the right side.



I even decorated the inside of the card.




I adjusted the size of the card to be a little wider to make it fit the image better. If you would like to try out this technique, you can find the instructions here on Split Coast Stampers. It looks harder than it is, it's actually fairly simple to make.

In addition to using "Greeting Chimes" (Elphine House Australia), I used Teeny Tiny Wishes and Yummy (Stampin Up). The papers I used are soft suede, baja breeze, not quite navy, manchester DSP (SU), linen closet (DCWV), natural white (Neenah). Ink used is dark chocolate (Palette), soft suede (SU) and wheat (VersaMagic). I used my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits to color the image and accented with markers a little. If you would like any additional details, I posted this in my SCS Gallery which you can see here.

Hope I inspired someone to try something new! Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, I like the way this card technique looks, it's on my list to do....someday...Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    Great colors and the images is beautiful ;o)

    Janneke Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I haven't tried this step card design...but I really want to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!